FITCHBURG — Workers Credit Union held its 104th annual meeting on March 26 to report its annual revenue, membership and assets growth rate, and community engagement for the year 2018.
For the wider community and members who could not attend the meeting, Workers Credit Union created a first-ever video highlighting the annual report and made it available to the public on its YouTube channel at @Workerscu or this link.
“This video underscores our commitment and culture of service to our community,” said Doug Petersen, president and CEO of Workers Credit Union.
In 2018 Workers Credit Union:
* Grew membership to more than 101,000 members (currently 104,000)
* Grew assets by nearly 10 percent to more than $1.797 billion
* Helped more than 8,500 members buy homes and nearly 23,000 members buy vehicles
* Was named a Forbes “Best in State” credit union
* Launched the Workers Insurance Agency
* Enhanced mobile banking and web technologies
* Gave more than $300,000 in charitable donations to 155 Worcester-area nonprofit organizations
* Gave back more than $3.1 million to its members in its GiveBack program
* Employees gave more than 2,400 hours of volunteer service to our communities
“We’re happy to be the Credit Union that more than 100,000 people rely on to support their financial goals,” said Petersen. “We’re looking forwarding to growing in 2019 and offering more for our members across Massachusetts.”
At the meeting, executives and board members also gave updates on Workers Credit Union’s critical infrastructure, branch network, and technology investments and upgrades.
In 2019, Workers will launch a new mobile account opening platform, new loan origination software and video teller feature. These features will allow members and new members to easily access financial services and products and get lightning-fast loan decisions.
In addition to these state-of-the-art technology enhancements, Workers Credit Union is also building a new branch in Hudson/Middlesex County as well as building its new corporate headquarters in Littleton and renovating its existing location to further support its growth.
Workers Credit Union, home of the $3 million GiveBack program, is headquartered in Fitchburg. With assets of $1.7 billion, the credit union serves over 104,000 members from 15 offices in Athol, Chelmsford, Fitchburg, Gardner, Groton, Lancaster, Leominster, Lunenburg, Orange, Townsend, Westford and Workers Online at www.workerscu.com.