By Jon Winkler
LOWELL — Members of the Lowell Fire Department are investigating reports of a potential gas leak at 133 Merrimack St.
Police Capt. James Hodgdon said on Thursday morning that reports came in about an odor of gas coming from the building, requiring fire officials to assess the situation. Hodgdon was not able to offer additional information and Fire Chief Jeffrey Winward was not available for comment.
The building on Merrimack Street is known to house the office of the Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce on its second floor, along with the Health & Lifestyle Center and the law offices of Linnehan and Buck.