Leading the way for Nashoba was sophomore midfielder Christina Lengieza who tallied a hat trick, scoring the first three goals of the game as part of a 7-0 first half for the Chieftains. Nashoba never looked back after the first 15 minutes of the game.

“I tried to get the ball when I could,” Lengieza said. “I had shots on net and fortunately they went in. It got the girls going. We came out strong and had that aggression.”

Lengieza struck gold just five minutes into the game, scoring on an aggressive play in front. Then four-and-a-half minutes later, she collected the rock in a crowd in front and stuffed it home to extend the lead to 2-0.

With 15:20 remaining in the half, Lengieza picked up her hat trick, scoring off of a rebound in front, which pushed the lead to a commanding 3-0 advantage.

“It comes down to, the girls who are aggressive and want to get the ball in, tend to score,” Lengieza said. “I think I won that battle against the girls who were trying to stop the ball. On the third goal the goalie was kind of off-balance and wasn’t expecting it when I got the rebound.”

The goals kept coming, as three minutes later Natalie Brown fed Brianna Murphy who found the back of the net off a penalty stroke. Things remained quiet from there for a while, until the clock read 6:15 and Olivia Magliozzi scored on a nice sweep shot to make it 5-0.

“We have a really strong midfield zone, and we like to put in a lot of effort,” Nashoba captain Sidney Lowe said.

“We did really well today transferring that ball across the field, back and forth, trying to create movement.”

The closing minutes proved to be some fortuitous ones for Nashoba, as Haley Doyle dished it back to Magliozzi, who belted a deep drive from the outer rim of the shooting circle into the back of the net.

With just 54 seconds remaining until the break, Jane Bonazzoli connected on a rebound in front that made it an astounding 7-0 lead at the half.

“All of our forwards have competitive personalities and want to score goals,” Nashoba captain Tess Anderson said. “Games like this, especially, we try to draw fouls and make sure everyone is included.

We have some fast players and also have some players that like to take their time to set up goals.”

The defense was not able to get the quality reps it was looking for because the midfield ensured that the ball would never cross the line.

Groton-Dunstable registered two shots during the game, but they were at points when the second teamers were in, in the second half.

“On defense we were really lucky and got to push up a little bit, kind of play before the midfield defense line,” Nashoba defender Arushi Ahmed said.

“It’s nice to be undefeated, and it’s a good start.

“Hopefully we progress the rest of the summer. We take summer league as a time to prepare for game action.”

Nashoba played keep-away for much of the second half, but Cayla Murphy netted a goal midway through that capped off the scoring at 8-0.