Lifelong Learning: Sign up now for four courses starting in November. Each course meets for five sessions. Lifelong Learning is made possible by Mary Jennings and our wonderful volunteer facilitators!
Telling your story: Discover, practice, perform. Led by Owen S. Shuman, Tues. at 10:30 a.m., starting Nov. 4.
Immigrant voices speak through short stories. Led by Mary Jennings, Tues. at 1 p.m., starting Nov. 4.
Women hold up half the sky: Part II. Led by Arlene Townes, Weds. at 1 p.m., starting Nov. 5.
Boston Film Noir, led by Jon Glazier, Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m., starting Nov. 5.
The French Conversation Group* is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. on Thursdays: Oct. 23, Nov. 6, Nov. 20, and Dec. 4. Registration is required.
Sublime Sunflowers: Pastel painting like the masters*, Weds., Nov. 5, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Artist Greg Maichack provides materials for this hands-on class. Please register as space is limited.
Local authors are invited to participate in the Second Annual Authors’ Fair on Sunday, Nov. 16, 1-3 p.m. If you have published a book in the last few years and are interested in more information, please contact Ann Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message for her at 978-448-8000.
** Young Adult Programs:
The Fault in Our Stars: Read the Book, See the Movie, Tues., Oct. 14, 3:15-5 p.m. Come with a friend and see the movie based on the best-selling book by John Green. Rated PG-13. Grades 6-12.
Magic, the Gathering Club, Weds., Oct. 29 and Nov. 12, 3-5 p.m. Come play Magic, the Gathering, in a fun, relaxed way with your friends. Prizes and refreshments provided by the GPL Endowment Fund. Grades 6 and up.
* Crafternoon for Grades 6-12 (Minecraft and/or Arts and Crafts), Weds., Nov. 5, 3-4:30 p.m. Sibley Hall is reserved for you, and laptops are available for your and your friends to play online games like Minecraft. Or, if you prefer to do manual, rather than digital crafting, a craft table will be set up with a project for the day. So stop by after school for some fun.
* YA Anime Club, Thurs., Nov. 12, 7-8:30 p.m. View episodes of your favorite Anime shows downloaded from Crunchyroll. Drawing supplies and refreshments are provided. Grades 6-12.
* Llama Lounge for Young Adults, Thurs., Nov. 13, 11:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. A Llama Lounge is a place for young adults in Grades 5-8 to spend the afternoon with friends on a school half-day. Play Wii games, board games, do a craft, enjoy some treats, listen to music and/or get your homework done.
** Children’s programs (online registration begins one week before each program and preference is given to Groton residents, except for drop-in craft):
* Creative Kids Drop-In Craft, Tues., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Drop-in freestyle craft in the Children’s Room.
* Mother Goose Story Time, Weds., 10:30-11 a.m. and 11:15-11:45 a.m. For babies and toddlers and their caregivers.
* Read to Roly or Huggs, Weds., 4-5 p.m. These certified therapy dogs love children, books, and reading! Sign your child up for one 15-minute session with Roly or Huggs.
* Story Time for 3-, 4- and 5-year-olds, Thurs., 10:30-11 a.m.
* Chapter Book Read-Aloud with Jennie, Thurs., Nov. 6, 4-4:30 p.m. Jennie Fitzkee reads aloud from some of the best children’s chapter books. Grades K-2.
* Tales and Tunes for Tots, Fri., Oct. 17, 10:30-11:15 a.m.
* LEGO® Club, Tues., Oct. 21, 4-5 p.m. Bring your imagination! We’ve got the LEGO® bricks! Sign up online one week ahead.
Halloween Party for ages 2-6, Thurs., Oct. 30, 4-5 p.m. Fun activities, crafts, games, and a costume parade! Sign up online.
Minecraft for grades 2 and up, Weds., Nov. 12, 7-8 p.m. Play Minecraft together on the library’s dedicated server.
Always free and open to all.
* Made possible by the GPL Endowment Fund.
** Made possible by a grant from the town of Groton’s Town Funds’ Lecture Fund.