SHIRLEY — Halloween trick-or-trick hours in Shirley will be on Thursday, Oct. 31, from 6-8 p.m., according to a memo send to selectmen from Police Chief J. Gregory Massak.
Massak also included the following Halloween safety tips:
* An adult should accompany small children.
* Children should only go to houses they know.
* Children should carry a flashlight and wear reflective clothing.
* For costumes, face paint is safer than a mask, which may restrict vision.
* Children should walk on sidewalks when possible and only visit houses with exterior lights on.
* Parents should inspect all candy before children eat it.
* Children should not eat anything that is not wrapped.
“If you should receive or see anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, please talk to a police officer or call the police,” Massak said. “Officers will be available and visible, either walking the Village area or patrolling in cruisers.”
“Have a happy and safe Halloween!”