The Ayer Historical Commission will be rededicating the Camp Stevens Memorial at 111 Fitchburg Road on Saturday, Nov. 2, at 11 a.m.
Camp Stevens was a Civil War camp located in Groton Junction in 1862.
The initial dedication was in 1915. Over the years the memorial grounds became overgrown and had almost completely covered the memorial.
Ayer received a 50/50 grant from the Massachusetts Sesquicentennial Commission in July to rehab the grounds around the memorial. The layout was designed and the work completed by Pinard’s Landscaping, Inc. in August.
The memorial is located on the property now owned by David E. Ross Associates, Inc., which was very supportive of the Historic Commission’s request to improve the memorial grounds.
The public is cordially invited to this free event.