HARVARD – Harvard’s 2012 Veterans Day services and events are as follows:
* Tuesday, November 6 – No office hours. Election Day – Go vote.
* Friday, November 9 from 8 – 9:30 a.m. – Veterans Day Ceremony and breakfast at the Bromfield School. Wonderful event hosted by Philip Kuong, President, Class of 2015. Veterans wishing to participate contact Philip, at 978.319.3847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Saturday, November 10 at noon – Flagging of graves at National Cemetery, Bourne, MA. 63,000 graves will be flagged to commemorate Veterans Day.
* Sunday, November 11 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Veterans Day Ceremony at the Hapgood Library (Fairbank Street) conducted by Office of Veterans’ Services. Presentation of the “PJ” to Harvard’s Veteran of the Year 2012.
* Saturday & Sunday, November 10 and 11 – Girl Scouts of Harvard want to rake leaves for veterans or their widows. Guided by Pam Erdos, these intrepid and supportive ladies are leaders in community service. Contact Pam to schedule at 978.456.9661 or email@example.com.
* Tuesday, November 13 from 8-10 a.m. – Elementary School Veterans Day ceremonies. Wonderful event led by kids and guided by Hildreth Elementary School Guidance Counselor Christine Reale. Contact Christine at 978.456.4145 x116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Saturday, November 17 starting at noon – Removal of flags from the 63,000 graves at National Cemetery, Bourne, MA.
For veterans needing transportation to any of the Harvard events, please contact the Veterans’ Services Agent (information below).
All veterans are encouraged to attend. Uniform is very optional.
All citizens are cordially invited to attend.
Serving veterans, I am,
Dennis M. Lyddy
Harvard Veterans’ Services Agent
Office of Veterans’ Services
13 Ayer Road, Harvard, MA 01451-1461
TEL: 978.456.6848 CEL: 978.870.7623 FAX: 978. 456.4107