AUBURN — Prior to the start of Thursday’s Central Mass. Division 3 semifinal girls soccer game between Sutton and Bromfield, it was obvious the strong wind was going to be a major factor.

Sutton used that advantage in the first half to control play and establish a 2-0 advantage.

But what drove the Suzies into the finals against Hopedale was the second half it put together. Sutton played like it had the wind behind it in both halves in posting an impressive 3-0 win.

Sutton improved to 15-3-2 with the victory while Bromfield concluded a sensational season at 17-2-2.

Despite the ball being in its own end most of the first 15 minutes, the Lady Trojans were able to keep the contest scoreless as each team had one quality shot that ended with shots wide of the net.

At three minutes, Sutton’s Megan Sullivan gained possession of the ball in front, but fired a 15-yard shot wide of the left post.

At 8:30, Bromfield’s Rylee Osgood stole the ball on left wing and sent a pass to Grace Bilodeau, whose shot was wide left.

Sutton forwards Sullivan and Hannah Millea used their quickness to advantage and the Suzies started to take control of the game. At 16:30 the pair combined to score the first goal of the contest. Millea sent a pass in front of the net and Sullivan rolled a shot inside the left post to make it 1-0.

At that point, Bromfield called a timeout, but Sutton continued to put the pressure on the Bromfield defense by controlling midfield and keeping the ball in the offensive end.

At 21 minutes, Millea made a strong right wing run, cut in toward the net and ripped a shot that was stopped by Bromfield goaltender Aly Marteney.

Two minutes later, Sullivan won the ball from a pair of Bromfield defenders and fired a shot that was stopped by Marteney.

The Suzies extended the lead with a goal at 24:56 when Sullivan sent a cross from right wing to the left post. Brianna Wason beat a Bromfield defender to the ball and tucked a short shot into the net to make it 2-0.

The Lady Trojans failed to get a shot on goal over the first 30 minutes and were able to get two shots on net in the final 10 minutes, but Sutton goaltender Courtney Roberts stopped them and the Suzies took its 2-0 lead to intermission.

The expected turnaround in the second half didn’t materialize as Sutton was solid in attacking into the wind, using a short passing game to advantage.

The Suzies just missed adding to the lead four minutes in when Sullivan won the ball on left wing and sent a pass to a wide open Millea in front, but her shot from point-blank range sailed over the crossbar.

Sutton had another golden opportunity less than three minutes later.

At 6:30, Jess Smythe sent a cross in front, but Marteney stopped Sullivan’s header from point-blank range.

Bromfield’s best chance to get on the board came at nine minutes when Sydney Durand sent a well-placed cross to a cutting Rylee Osgood, but her shot was wide.

Sutton put the game out of reach at 17:45. Sullivan won the ball from a Bromfield defender and sent a pass to Millea, who fired a hard shot inside the right post to make it 3-0.