Skip to content




By Lisa Redmond


LOWELL — A 30-year-old Pepperell man, with a 1998 conviction in Kentucky for manslaughter, has been convicted of raping one woman and taking sexually explicit photos of the woman while his wheelchair-bound father sexually assaulted another woman.

After a weeklong trial, a Lowell Superior Court jury Nov. 4 found Aaron Miller, of 176 Heald St., guilty of one count of rape and a single count of photographing someone in the nude. He was cleared of three other counts of rape.

Miller will be sentenced on Dec. 21. He still has a separate rape case that will be tried later on.

His 60-year-old father, Randall, who lives at the same address, avoided trial and pleaded guilty to one count of rape. He will be sentenced at a later date.

According to court documents, Aaron Miller denied there was any sexual assault, instead saying he got “lucky” that both women consented to have sex with him.

Prosecutors allege that in June 2009, Aaron Miller met a 23-year-old woman and her friends at a club in Nashua. Instead of driving the two women to their home in Nashua, he allegedly drove them to his home in Pepperell. At his house, Aaron Miller allegedly served the women alcohol and introduced them to his father, who uses a wheelchair because his right leg is amputated.

One of the women asked to use the bathroom and Aaron Miller followed her out of the room, not returning for 30 to 45 minutes, according to court documents. Aaron Miller eventually returned without the woman, telling her friend she had fallen asleep, according to prosecutors. The second woman felt hazy and unsteady.

She remembered heading to the bathroom and then drifting in and out of consciousness in a bed where she saw her friend sleeping, prosecutors said. The woman said she felt Aaron Miller tugging on her waistband. She realized he was raping her, but she felt paralyzed, prosecutors said.

The woman lost consciousness and awoke to see Randall Miller allegedly engaged in a sexual act on her friend, according to court documents. The friend awoke and pushed him away.

After the women left the house, they contacted Pepperell police and went to Lawrence General Hospital for sexual-assault exams.

Pepperell police executed a search warrant of the Millers’ home, according to court documents. The Millers had allegedly changed and washed the sheets and taken the empty liquor bottles outside. Swabs of the drinking glasses were taken and samples were cut from a comforter.

Seizing Aaron Miller’s digital camera, police discovered six photos of what appeared to be one of the women semi-nude, according to prosecutors.