Rock Concert Kicks Off
Come to the Summer Reading Program Kick-Off Event: The Michael and Marisa Concert at the Groton-Dunstable Middle School Performing Arts Center, Tuesday, June 29, Concert 7 to 8 p.m. Meet and Greet 8 to 9 p.m. Performing and writing songs for the past four years, this is a dynamic brother and sister pop/rock duo, with Michael, age 12, on vocals and electric guitar and Marisa, age 13, on vocals and drums. Free! Geared for ages 8-14. No registration necessary. Made possible by the Groton Trust Funds Lecture Fund.
Summer Reading Registration
Registration and reading for the summer reading programs begins on June 22 for children ages 18 months through grade 5 in the Children’s Room and Grades 6-12 in the Young Adult area. Books read between June 22 and Aug. 20 count toward prizes. Stop by for a brochure of all the summer events. All Ages: You can sign up online @gpl.org with a library card and a PIN! Children under 6 use a parent’s card. If you don’t have a PIN, ask for help at the desk.
EVENTS FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL AGE (YOUNG ADULTS IN GRADES 6-12)
* Keepin’ It Green is the theme for the 2010 YA Summer Reading Program.
* Trash to Treasure Crafts for Young Adults, Thursday, June 24, 7 to 8 p.m. We provide the materials. You bring your imagination and create treasures from recyclable materials. Grades 6-12. Registration limited to 18 participants. Made possible by a grant from the Groton Trust Funds Lecture Fund.
* Pizza & a Movie: “Percy Jackson & The Olympians. The Lightning Thief,” Thursday, July 1, 6-8 p.m. See the movie based on Rick Riordan’s bestselling adventure books. Rated PG. Grades 6-12. Please sign up, so there will be enough pizza.
* Clean It! Green It! Park and Trail Clean-Up, Thursday, July 8, 8-9:30 am. Pitch in to clean up Town Field after the fireworks celebration. Meet in front of the library at 8 am. Grades 6-12.
PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN
* Go Green at your Library with the 2010 Summer Reading Program in the Children’s Room. There’s a special new program for fifth graders and lots of great activities for children ages 18 months to fourth grade.
* Trash to Treasure for Tweens, Thursday, June 24, 6 to 7 p.m. Create wonderful treasures from recyclable materials. For Grades 4 & 5. Limited to 18 participants. Made possible by a grant from the Groton Trust Funds Lecture Fund.