GROTON — In a battle of boys lacrosse unbeatens, Littleton got off to a dream start on Thursday morning.

But Groton-Dunstable turned the game into a nightmare for the Tigers with domination in all departments, en route to an impressive 14-6 win.

“We knew that Littleton had some good athletes,” said Groton-Dunstable coach Rick Arena. “After they scored the first two goals of the game we buckled down and bore down. This was a very good all-around effort and we are getting closer to playing four quarters of lacrosse.”

Littleton came out flying and scored two goals before the echo of the opening whistle had stopped. Derek Karr put the Tigers in front when he took a pass in front of the net from Kevin Dargin and scored from close range. Less than a minute later, Dargin bounced a shot from right wing inside the left post to make it 2-0.

After the initial shock, the Crusaders took the game over, getting 10 of the final 11 shots on goal in the first quarter, including six that found the back of the net.

Danny Eipp got Groton-Dunstable on the board when he cut into the middle of the field and sent a hard shot under the crossbar.

Tim Marris tied the game up with an unassisted tally, slicing in from left wing and firing a shot high into the net.

Shane Penney did a solid job of winning faceoffs and the Crusaders kept on coming. Rich Pomeroy put them on top for good when he netted a 15-yard bouncing shot. Before the end of the quarter, Eipp scored on a shot under the crossbar, Marris finished off a fast break after taking a pass from Jimmy McLean, and Anthony Cotoni scored from close range after scooping up a rebound to give the Crusaders a comfortable 6-2 advantage after 12 minutes.

Play was sloppy offensively in the opening minutes of the second period. The Groton-Dunstable defense, keyed by Chris Henderson, Kirk Bingham and Dylan Cedrone did an outstanding job of forcing the Littleton offense to play from the perimeter.

“Our defense was smart and aggressive in the game,” said Arena. “Chris Henderson did a solid job against Dargin, who is a big offensive threat.”

Neither team was able to score until late in the quarter when Keith English took a pass in front of the net from Marris and netted a short shot to send the Crusaders to intermission with a 7-2 lead. Groton-Dunstable owned a decisive 15-5 edge in shots on goal over that span.

Groton-Dunstable maintained the momentum and put the game out of reach by scoring the first three goals of the third quarter.

Cotoni (two goals, two assists) hit the back of the net after taking a pass from English, who finished with four goals and an assist.

The Crusaders then capitalized with a pretty fast break goal, Pomeroy sending a lead pass to English outside the left post, and the senior sniper scored from close range.

English then finished off another fast break after taking a pass from Cotoni, bouncing a shot inside the left post to make it 10-2.

Littleton finally gained some offensive momentum and ended their long scoring drought when James Williamson sent a shot inside the right post to make it 10-3.

Littleton spurted at that point, but Groton-Dunstable goaltender Daniel Waters came up with a great save off a point-blank shot by Dargin, and the Crusaders dodged a bullet when Williamson fired a shot off the post.

Littleton did draw to within 10-4 when Dargin sent a pass to a cutting Matt Mizzoni, who ripped a shot high into the net.

The Crusaders capped the third quarter by getting those two goals back.

After Marris scored an unassisted goal, Eipp sent a pass in front to English, whose short bouncer made it 12-4 entering the fourth quarter.

“Our transition game broke the game open,” said Arena. “We moved the ball up the field quickly, made some nice plays and did a good job of finishing.”

The teams split four goals in the final quarter, Penney scoring an unassisted goal, before Hayden Lynch wrapped up Groton-Dunstable’s scoring, assisted by Cotoni.

Mike Kerwin played the first half in goal for Groton-Dunstable, making three saves, while Waters stopped four shots in the second half.

Groton-Dunstable improved to 5-0 with the victory.