I would like to introduce myself to Groton voters, even though I have been a Groton resident for 20 years, and ask for your support on Election Day, May 20.
I decided to run for Groton Electric Light Department (GELD) Commissioner because of my background (see below) and my long-term interest and experience in energy conservation. Groton is very fortunate to have an electric light company that provides residents with consistent, reliable power at the lowest rate in the state. As a commissioner, I want to continue to provide excellent service and to look to the future by investigating additional ways to conserve and control escalating energy costs. I would like to see our Light Department supplement its current energy sources with cleaner, cheaper and more competitive alternatives that make business sense.
* Continue to provide reliable power and excellent service to GELD customers.
* Promote programs that encourage energy conservation by using education and incentives to reduce consumers’ electric consumption and costs.
* Provide lower off-peak electricity rates to reduce energy bills.
* Participate in federal, state and local programs that promote the use of competitive alternative energy sources to reduce our dependence on coal and oil.
My community involvement
* Team leader, Groton Low Carbon Diet program, helping residents reduce their carbon footprint and saving an average of $475 per year in annual energy costs.
* Member, Groton Sustainability Committee.
* Co-founding member, Groton Local.
* Steering Committee, Mass. Climate Action Network (MCAN).
* Member, Nashua River Watershed Association (NRWA).
* Groton resident, 20 years.
* Employed, USAF Engineer/Program Management.
* B.S. in electrical engineering.
* B.A. in business administration.
* Member, Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
* Member, North East Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA).
I believe that I am qualified to seek election as a commissioner. Please go to the polls on Tuesday, May 20, and consider me for the Groton Electric Light Department position.