PEPPERELL — Three races highlight the April 23 town election as the March 5 deadline for filing nomination papers has passed. The three contests are for a three-year selectman’s job, a five-year Housing Authority post, and a four-year unexpired Housing Authority term of office.
Outgoing Planning Board Chairman Joseph A. Sergi of Ashley Street has placed his name in the running for the selectman’s job held by incumbent John W. Lynch Jr. of Hollis Street, who is running for re-election.
Anne C. O’Donnell of Province Street is challenging incumbent James R. Triehy of Maple Street for a five-year Housing Authority seat. Jerrilyn T. Bozicas of Main Street and Dorothy A. Clary of Foster Street are both seeking to fill an unexpired four year position on the Housing Authority.
All other open offices have one candidate seeking election or re-election. The list of positions and candidates includes:
* Assessor, three years, incumbent Michael T. Coffey of Lawrence Street.
* Board of Health, three years, Peter J. Cronin of Hyacinth Drive.
* Board of Health, two years to fill unexpired term, Myra F. Cacace of Bemis Road.
* Two three-year posts as Library Trustee, incumbent Charles P. Burnham of West Street and incumbent Joan M. Wright of Hyacinth Drive.
* North Middlesex Regional School District Committee, three years, incumbent Arnold Silva Jr. of Oak Hill Street.
* Planning Board, five years, Mark F. Marston of Nashua Road.
* Board of Public Works, three years, incumbent George E. Clark of Mason Street.
* Recreation Commissioner, three years, incumbent David T. Priddle of Groton Street.
* Town Clerk, three years, incumbent Lois A. Libby of Bancroft Street.