SHIRLEY — The following is a timeline for candidates, provided by Town Clerk Amy McDougall, leading up to the May 8 Annual Town Election:
* March 20: Nomination papers due by 5 p.m., in the town clerk’s office.
* April 3: This is the last day for Board of Selectmen to place non-binding questions on the ballot. This is also the last day for the Board of Registrars to complete the certification of nomination papers filed with the town clerk.
* April 5: This is the last day to withdraw nomination papers or file an objection.
* April 18: This is the last day to register to vote or change a party affiliation for the Annual Town Election.
* April 30: Campaign finance reports are due in the town clerk’s office.
* May 1: This is the posting deadline for the Annual Town Election warrant.
* May 8: Annual Town Election: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., at Town Offices.
Information, forms and campaign finance kits for municipal candidates are available at the town clerk’s office or at www.shirley-ma.gov. — M.E. Jones