HARVARD — Check out what’s new at the Harvard Public Library:
The library will be closed Monday, July 3, and Tuesday, July 4, in honor of Independence Day.
Library summer hours
The library will begin its Saturday summer schedule on June 3. The library will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays during June, July and August. The schedule on all other days will remain unchanged.
Story Times will begin again in September.
Wednesday, July 5, at 7 p.m., Movie Night for all ages. Popcorn and water will be served. Call the library to find out the name of this fun, buggy summer movie.
July 12, at 10:30 a.m., Music Together with Alex Andrews for infants to 5-year-olds. This drop-in series features music and movement and a story or two with Alex Andrews of Apple Country Music Together. Future dates for this program are July 24, and Aug. 2 and 7.
July 12, from 3 to 3:45 p.m., What’s Buzzin’ With Books? for ages three to 103. Professor Readalot will take you on a magical adventure to find out “what’s buzzin’ with books.” Come meet Rinaldo the Great — the trickiest flea in the world — and Filament the Firefly. The program features magic, comedy, audience participation and funny puppetry! You must sign up for this program.
July 13, from 3 to 4 p.m., T-Shirt Extravaganza for grades five through seven. Come to the T-shirt extravaganza to decorate your own T-shirt with colorful paints, markers, glitter and sequins. Bring your own T-shirt. We’ll provide all the supplies to decorate it. This program is limited to eight participants so sign up early.
Summer reading: What’s buzzin’ at your library?
Here is a sampling of what is coming up this summer. For details visit www.harvardpubliclibrary.org.
* The Poobley Greegy Puppet Theater, “Gulliver’s Travels.”
* Davis Bates and Roger Tincknell, “Earth Rhythms: Stories and Songs for the Environment.”
* Both of these programs are supported in part by a grant from the Harvard Cultural Council, a local agency that is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.
* Professor Readalot, “What’s Buzzin’ with Books?”
* Bugworks Bugology.
* Beekeeping with Joanne Lovejoy.
* Alex Andrews from Apple Country Music Together.
* Two movie nights.
* Night Knitters and Bzzzzzy Fingers Knitters
* Two Craft Workshops: T-Shirt Extravaganza, Fabulous Felt Finger Puppets and Bug Fest!
* Picnic on the Common Summer Reading Finale.
For information, call Ann Levison at (978) 456-3394.
Did you know that you can request, reserve and renew items from home? Visit www.harvardpubliclibrary.org to request, reserve and renew books, or to get information on programs and new books.