PEPPERELL — So you many mark your calendar accordingly, here are some of the fun activities taking place at the Pepperell Senior Center this month:
* Chet Harnden will return with his big band sounds on Friday, Oct. 21, from 6 to 8 p.m. Partners are not necessary to enjoin this great music!
* The monthly breakfast will be held on Friday, Oct. 28, at 9 a.m. with a guest speaker.
* To celebrate October, the center will hold a Halloween party on Monday, Oct. 31, from 1 to 3 p.m. Lots of fun being planned so do not miss this one!
* Hand and foot is being played on Mondays, at 9:30 a.m. This game has caused laughter to echo throughout the center.
* The drama group rehearses on Mondays, at 1 p.m.
* Exercise classes are on Monday and Friday.
* The handcrafters meet on Tuesday mornings. This group is looking for new people to join and share their expertise in knitting, crocheting, etc.
* Yoga is held on Tuesdays, at 9:30 a.m.
* Cribbage is played on Tuesdays, at 10 a.m.
* The harmonica players rehearse on Tuesdays.
* The Hot Shots rehearse on Wednesday mornings.
* Bingo is played on Wednesday after lunch.
* Decorative painting classes with Donna Lynch began on Thursday, Oct. 6. This required sign-ups.
* Tai chi is on Thursdays, oil painting, weight management group and line dancing.
* On Friday the center offers a movie for your enjoyment a 1 p.m.
* The bowling group meets on Fridays.
* The caregivers support group continues on the first and third Friday of the month, from 2 to 4 p.m. All are welcome to attend to share ideas and resources and to talk about concerns you may have as a caregiver.
* This month the Men’s Group will welcome town officials to discuss preparing for an emergency or disaster.
Health agent Edward Wirtanen, town nurse Ellen Castellano and emergency management Director George Ux will be among the guests.
The Men’s Group meets every Friday, at 10:30 a.m. Come on down, have a cup of coffee and enjoy our speakers.
Also, the last evening dance was so popular the center is doing it again.
Come on down and see what’s happening. For information, call (978) 433-0326.