GROTON -- The Boutwell Early Childhood Center's 2018-2019 Preschool Registration for the Groton-Dunstable Regional School District will begin with an open house on Jan. 24, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Registration will continue through Feb. 2.
Registration packets may be picked up at Boutwell, 78 Hollis St., Groton, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on weekdays or downloaded from the GDRSD's website.
Registration is for children ages 3 years to 5 years. New students for next year must be 3 years old by September 2018 to start in September. If there are slots open after September and your child turns 3 later in the school year, your child would be able to start when they turn 3 years old.
The philosophy of the Boutwell ECC is founded in the belief that children learn best from each other. Three, 4 and 5 year olds learn life-long lessons about individuality, strengths and weaknesses, and differences in a nurturing environment that promotes tolerance and understanding. The Boutwell Early Childhood Center is a multi-age preschool program that offers:
* Teachers licensed by the Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE) and the Department of Early Education & Care (DEEC).
* A full-time Speech and Language Pathologist
* A School Nurse on the premises
* Occupational and Physical Therapists
* Curriculum based on Early Childhood Standards from the DEEC that is directly aligned with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
If you have questions, please call the Boutwell Early Childhood Center at 978-448-2297.