Pepperell's PACH Outreach and Food Pantry is seeking volunteers. A few hours weekly or monthly, together with a desire to help the community and a vehicle, are all that's needed.
Those interested should contact the PACH Outreach office at 978-925-9770 or firstname.lastname@example.org leaving their name and contact information. A PACH volunteer will return their call as soon as possible. Training is provided.
* Second Tuesday monthly, approximately 11:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. -- two volunteers with their own trucks (or one truck and trailer) are needed to pick up donated food from the Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry at Devens.
* Tuesday evening 5-7 p.m. (fourth week of every month only) -- volunteer needed to pack bags for PACH's shut-in clients.
* Thursday mornings (weekly) -- a volunteer is needed to go to the Merrimack Valley Food Bank to pick up donated food (approximately three hours round trip).
* Thursday noon to 1:30 p.m. (fourth week of every month only) -- volunteer needed to deliver bags to shut-in clients. Note: These two tasks, packing food bags and delivering, could be combined and done from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the fourth Thursday monthly.
* Once a week during summer (June to August) -- volunteer needed to clean the PACH food pantry offices on Main Street. This will take approximately two hours and can be done on whichever day is most convenient for volunteer.
To learn more about PACH Community Outreach, to volunteer or make a donation, please visit www.pachoutreach.org.