WESTFORD -- Sixteen Nashoba Valley Technical High School students combined to win 13 medals at the recent SkillsUSA District Competition, held at Greater Lowell Technical High School in Tyngsboro.
Nashoba Tech students swept two categories, earning gold, silver and bronze medals in both cabinetmaking and digital cinema production.
The students who medaled will go on to compete in the SkillsUSA State Competition later this spring in Marlborough.
Gold-medalists for Nashoba Tech in the District Competition are:
* The team of Mikaela Berthiaume (senior, Townsend) and John Young (senior, Billerica), digital cinema production.
* Julie Nelson (junior, Pepperell), cosmetology/nail care.
* Shannon Pecora (senior, Westford), cabinetmaking.
* Shannon Wilkins (postgraduate, Pepperell), cosmetology.
Silver medals went to:
* The team of Tori Cafeteiro (senior, Chelmsford) and John Stavro (junior, Billerica), digital cinema production.
* Matti McAdams (postgraduate, Chelmsford), cosmetology.
* Christopher Schueler (senior, Pepperell), automotive refinishing technology.
* Zebediah Updyke (senior, Townsend), cabinetmaking.
Bronze-medalists for Nashoba Tech are:
* Zachary Casper (junior, Chelmsford), cabinetmaking.
* Richard Cura (junior, Townsend), automotive service technology.
* Derek Decesare (junior, Shirley), electrical construction wiring.
* The team of Kirstin Richard (junior, Ayer) and Raysam Donkoh-Halm (senior, Lowell), digital cinema production.
* Shaun Sanville (sophomore, Dunstable), collision repair technology.