TOWNSEND -- Bake and decorate your cupcakes at home, then bring them in to the Townsend Public Library and choose the category you would like to enter. Each dozen cupcakes can be entered into a separate category.
Kids 12 and under can choose to be in the Best Kids Creation category or if they would like to be judged in one of the main categories, they are welcome to do so!
This year's category themes are:
1. Winter Wonderland -- Be creative, what does winter mean to you?
2. Book theme -- Base your design on a book, character or story.
3. Most Unique Design -- Anything goes, get wild!
4. Judge's Choice -- Best in Show, reserved for the most outstanding design.
5. Best Kids Creation -- A special noncompetitive category for kids under 12 who decorate without help from a grown-up! Each child who enters will receive a small prize.
Noon to 1:30 p.m.: Drop off your cupcakes at the Library.
1:30-2:30 p.m.: Judging; during this time please visit with our balloon artist, get your face painted or get a temporary tattoo in the Storytime Room!
2:45-3 p.m.: Awards and viewing
3-3:30 p.m.: Cupcake walk.