GROTON -- The Boutwell Early Childhood Center's 2014-2015 Preschool Registration for the Groton-Dunstable Regional School District will begin with an Open House Wednesday, Jan. 29, 5:30-7 p.m. and registration will continue through Friday, Feb. 7.
Registration packets may be picked up at Boutwell between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on weekdays. Registration is for children ages 3-5. New students for next year must be 3 years old by September 2014 to start in September. If there are slots open after September and your child turns 3 later in the school year, your child would be able to start when they turn 3 years old.
The philosophy of the Boutwell ECC is founded in the belief that children learn best from each other. Three-, 4- and 5-year-olds learn life-long lessons about individuality, strengths and weaknesses and differences in a nurturing environment that promotes tolerance and understanding. The Boutwell Early Childhood Center is a multi-age preschool program that offers:
* Teachers licensed by the Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE) and the Department of Early Education & Care (DEEC).
* A full-time speech and language pathologist.
* A school nurse on the premises.
* Occupational and physical therapists.
* Curriculum based on early childhood standards from the DEEC that is directly aligned with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
We are located at 78 Hollis St. in Groton.
If you have questions or want information, call the Boutwell Early Childhood Center at 978-448-2297.