GROTON -- PGA and LPGA professionals in the Boston area are offering PGA Junior League, a game-changing way for kids to learn and play golf. The program brings friends and family together around fun, team golf experiences with expert coaching and instruction from PGA and LPGA Professionals.
Boys and girls of all background and skill levels learn and play together in a supportive, two-person scramble format that encourages mentorship, builds confidence, and promotes sportsmanship. PGA Junior League is primarily for boys and girls ages 13 and under, though some facilities offer 16-and-under programs (included in the online program description).
Last year, PGA Junior League reported record-setting numbers with 42,000 boys and girls playing on 3,400 teams nationwide-- a 16-percent year-over-year increase. Of those players, 80 percent were beginner or recreational golfers, demonstrating the developmental nature of the program and its inclusivity to youth of all skill levels.
Below is a list of facilities hosting open registration, meaning that families don't have to have an existing relationship with the golf course in order for their kids to participate. Parents can go online and visit www.PGAJrLeague.com to search with their kids for a team by ZIP code or facility, and register.
Courses with PGA Junior League programs:
* Bradford Country Club (Bradford)
* Cyprian Keyes Golf Club (Boylston)
* Groton Country Club (Groton)
* Haverhill Country Club (Haverhill)
* Hillview Golf Club (North Reading)
* Maplegate Country Club (Bellingham)
* Patriot Golf Club (Bedford)
* Quail Ridge Country Club (Acton)
* Sandy Burr Country Club (Wayland)
* Shaker Hills Country Club (Harvard)
* Stow Acres Country Club (Stow)
* Tatnuck Country Club (Worcester)
* Tewksbury Country Club (Tewksbury)
* Twin Springs Golf Club (Bolton)
* Wayland Country Club (Wayland)
* Whitinsville Golf Club (Whitinsville)