AYER -- Absentee Ballots are available for the Annual Town Election for April 24.
Requests for ballots can be made at the Town Clerk's office during regular business hours until noon on Friday, April 21.
The absentee ballot application is available for registered voters who will be unable to vote at the polls on the Election Day due to:
* Absence from your city or town during normal polling hours; or
* Physical disability preventing you from going to the polling place; or
* Religious belief
A non-registered voter who is:
* A Massachusetts citizen absent from the state; or
* An active member of the armed forces or merchant marines, their spouse or dependent; or
* A person confined in a correctional facility or a jail, except if by reason of felony conviction.
Voting in the town election will take place at Town Hall, 2nd floor Great Hall, 1 Main St., 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
You need to complete the application every year you wish to receive an absentee ballot.
Contact the Town Clerk's office at 978-772- 8215 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.