The following seven questions come from topics covered in articles over the past year.
To see how well you did, you can find the answers at the "Investment Quiz" link on our web site at www.capitalwealthmngt.com.
1. Contributions made into a Roth IRA can always be withdrawn anytime, and for any reason, tax and penalty-free before before age 59 1/2.
2. Index funds have outperformed __ percent of U.S. stock mutual funds over the last 15 years.
3. A mutual fund's expense ratio represents all costs associated with owning a mutual fund.
4. In the event of your death, assets held in IRA accounts will be distributed to your beneficiaries according to your will.
5. Duration is a measure of a bond fund's sensitivity to _______.
* Interest rates changes
* Stock market volatility
6. A $100,000 portfolio gains 50 percent in year one, and loses 50 percent in year two. The portfolio's value at the start of year three is ______.
7. How many times over the past 85 years have the U.S stock and U.S. bond markets both lost money in the same year?
Martin Krikorian is president of Capital Wealth Management, a "fee-only" registered investment adviser located at 9 Billerica Road, Chelmsford.